Can I Bring Clothes Steamer on a plane ?

You want to travel with your clothes steamer on carry-on baggage but you have some doubts regarding TSA rules ? Don’t worry because we have the answer that comes directly from TSA.

NOTICE: This article is specifically for individuals traveling to or within the United States of America.
The following information is based on the guidelines from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), the body that oversees the security of the traveling public in the United States. These rules apply whether you’re flying into, out of, or within the U.S.

What TSA says about traveling with a Clothes Steamer on a plane?

TSA has not published any page dedicated to clothes steamers on its website. We dug further and found that they said on platform X that it is allowed in carry-on baggage. Just make sure it is free from liquid.



Of course, it is also allowed on checked baggage.

Here’s a screenshot about the communciation and the tweet itself :

TSA rule on twitter about clothes streamer

Rules of TSA about traveling with “Clothes Streamer” as of May 06, 2024

Again, you are allowed to bring it with you on Carry-on and Checked baggage.

What about the rules for your destination?

While TSA guidelines are clear, it’s also crucial to check the regulations of your destination country. Some countries might have specific restrictions or guidelines about sporting equipment or items that could be used for climbing. To stay informed, consider:

You can also get additional information about your destinaton : Customs, Currency & Airport Tax regulations by visiting the IATA Travel Center

Stay Updated on TSA Travel Rules

This page reflects the TSA guidelines as of your latest update. We commit to keeping you informed about any changes to these rules.For the most current guidelines, we recommend:

  • Visiting the TSA’s official page.
  • Contacting TSA on Twitter: @AskTSA
  • Contacting TSA on Facebook Messenger:
  • Contacting TSA via Apple Business Chat: AskTSA
  • Sending TSA a message: Text “Travel” to AskTSA (275-872)

Leave a Comment